Table of Contents
1. Introduction & Highlights
- Good coverage for independent travellers, backpackers, students and volunteers
- Flexible: extend when your plan changes
- Possible to apply, even when you are already abroad
- Online claim procedure, so you can get your money back on-the-go
- Available for travellers from many countries
- Covers most adventurous activities
- Worldwide emergency assistance, should something go wrong
- Coverage for medical & emergency evacuation, baggage, cancellation costs, dental and liability depending on your country of permanent residence
- Additional coverage for digital nomads, with extended coverage for cameras, laptops, notebooks
- There is NO COVER available for travel to any country or part of it with a COVID-19 travel ban, and any events that arise when you travel against any DFA travel bans or Do Not Travel warnings.
- Note: currently not available for EU residents. For EU residents SafetyWing is comparable alternative
2. Cover & Benefits
The World Nomads travel insurance offers coverage in the following situations:
- You need Medical help for sudden illness or injury.
- You need emergency medical evacuation for Sudden Illness or injury.
- You have to cancel your trip due to unforeseeable events outside of your control.
- Your gear is stolen or damaged whilst travelling.
The insurances covers:
- emergency overseas medical treatment including treatment in a clinic or hospital, plus medicines and physiotherapy as prescribed by your treating Doctor to get you well and keep you travelling.
- your transport to the nearest, appropriate medical facility, which also includes your medical repatriation for further treatment at home. Plus it includes, reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses for a friend or relative to accompany you while you're in hospital and/or during repatriation.
- the costs to cancel all or part of your trip including other pre-booked expenses in specific circumstances including a sudden illness or serious injury or natural disasters.
- Cover theft or accidental damage of your gear such as iPads, laptops and digital cameras in specific incidents up to individual item limits.
You can choose between the standard and explorer coverage. To illustrate the difference between these two insurance packages, different areas of coverage have been included below.
- Overseas Medical & Dental Expenses: Standard: €3,500,000 - Explorer: Unlimited
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance: Standard & Explorer: Unlimited
- Emergency Medical Transport, Evacuation, Repatriation & Travel Expenses: Standard: €350,000 - Explorer: €350,000
- Pre-Trip Cancellation: Standard: €3,500 - Explorer: €7,000
- Trip Interruption: Standard: €2,500 - Explorer: €3,500
- Resumption of Trip: Standard: €1,000 - Explorer: €2,000
- Travel Delay: Standard: €350 - Explorer: €700
- Missed Flight Connection: Standard: Not included - Explorer: €700
- Hijacking: Standard: Not included - Explorer: €700
- Special Event Cover: Standard: Not included - Explorer: €350
- Baggage & Personal Effects: Standard: €1,700 - Explorer: €2,500
- Passport & Travel Documents: Standard: €350 - Explorer: €700
- Personal Liability - Physical Injury or Property Damage: Standard: €700,000 - Explorer: €1,750,000
- Rental Vehicle - Insurance Excess: Standard: Not included - Explorer: €1,500
- Personal Accident: Standard: Not included - Explorer: €15,000
Coverage adventure and sports activities
Coverage for sports activities may vary per country of residence, and per coverage (standard or explorer). For some more adventurous activities, such as winter, water and mountain activities you have to purchase additional coverage.
Coverage additional package for Digital Nomads
- People that would like to combine their travels with work may have higher expectations of an insurance as they often travel with more luggage or expensive equipment.
- When you consider yourself a Digital Nomads this additional package is ideal for you.
- The package offers additional coverage concerning electronic equipment such as smartphones, tables, cameras, lenses, higher end laptops
3. How to apply for this insurance?
You can apply for the World Nomads Insurance online and pay by credit card. Use the button below to apply for insurance. In this way JoHo becomes your insurance intermediary and you support the JoHo Foundation in its international activities
What should I take into account before purchasing?
- Policy conditions and adventure sport coverage differ depending on country of permanent residence
- Age limit may vary, depending on country of permanent residence
- Insurance can only be purchased with credit card
- Does not offer war & high risk zone insurance
- Cover is available to residents of the 140 counties listed on the World Nomads website
- No policy refund available should you return home early
JoHo Insurances Foundation
JoHo Insurances Foundation is an international insurance broker, helping people and companies worldwide.
We offer International Health, Income & Travel Insurances for expats, emigrants, companies and travellers worldwide.
We offer insurances from Cigna Global, Allianz Worldwide Care, Bupa Global, Henner, Gouda Expatriate, Globality Health and many other insurance companies.
Contact JoHo Insurances for advice.
2512 BP The Hague (Den Haag)
All insurances on this website can be applied for at JoHo Insurances, e-mail to email@example.com or fill in the appropriate application form on this website.
For questions and additional information please contact us.