Table of Contents
The Nomad Insurance by SafetyWing is an international travel medical insurance that covers people from all over the world while they are outside their home country. This insurance is designed by digital nomads for digital nomads
Some specific highlights of the Nomad Insurance
- You can take out this insurance even when your journey has already started
- Automatic renewal every 28 days, until you pick an end-date or until 364 days have passed
- There’s no limit to how many years you can keep re-purchasing (other than our age limit of up to 69 years of age).
- After being abroad for 90 days, you keep your medical coverage for 30 days when you visit your home country. (15 days if your home country is the U.S.)
- Family coverage: up to two children under 10 per family (one per adult) can be included on your insurance free of charge.
- Covid-19 coverage
- Overall maximum limit: $250,000 ($100,000 for 65 years and above)
- Maximum per Injury / Illness: $250,000 ($100,000 for 65 years and above)
- Emergency medical evacuation: Up to $100,000 lifetime maximum.
- Deductible: $250 per certificate period
- Hospital: Room and nursing services
- Intensive care: Up to the overall maximum limit
- Ambulance: Usual, reasonable and customary charges when covered illness or injury results in hospitalization
- Urgent charges: $50 co-payment, not subject to deductible.
- Physical therapy and chiropractic care: Up to $50 per day. Must be ordered in advance by a physician.
- Emergency dental: Up to $1,000. Not subject to deductible.
- All Other Eligible Medical Expenses: Up to the overall maximum limit.
- Notable exclusions
- High risk sports activity
- Pre-existing disease or injury
- Cancer treatment
- Trip interruption: Up to 5,000 dollar. No deductible
- Travel delay: Up to $100 a day after a 12-hour delay period requiring an unplanned overnight stay. Subject to a maximum of 2 days. No deductible
- Lost checked luggage*: Up to $3,000 per certificate period; $500 per item. Up to $6,000 lifetime limit. No deductible.
*$250,000 maximum benefit any one family or group. Not subject to deductible or overall maximum limit
- Natural disaster — a new place to stay: Up to $100 a day for 5 days. No deductible
- Political evacuation: Up to $10,000 lifetime maximum. Not subject to deductible
- Personal liability: Depending on type of liability, with a lifetime max of $25,000
- Accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D): Depending on type of AD&D, with a max of $25,000
For a complete overview of coverage of the SafetyWing Nomad Insurance please read the attached pdf
Premiums vary depending on:
- age range of the insured person(s)
- including the US in your trip or travel plan
You can choose for automatic renewal every 28 days, or pay for the exact duration of your trip upfront. The price for 28 days is equal in both options.
5. The Safetywing online quote and application tool
Fill out the interactive tool below to apply for the Nomad Insurance by SafetyWing.