Table of Contents
The Globe Traveller Insurance is a single-trip worldwide travel insurance, created by the French insurance broker ACS. The travel insurance is a complete online insurance and offers a 'first euro' cover for emergency medical health and repatriation, including cover for illness because of Covid-19, plus covers for accidents, liability, assistance, luggage, delay and three optional covers.
2. Important information
- The medical costs of illness because of Covid-19 is included in the cover.
- Financial consequences of a positive Covid test, for example costs of quarantaine or changing of an airline ticket, for someone who is asymptomatic and does not need medical care, is not covered.
- Suitable for any nationality
- Up to the age of 66 years (age below 66 years old).
- For trips outside the usual country of residence
- Minimum 1 day, maximum 12 months.
- Optional Trip Cancellation
- Optional Risk Sports option *)
- Optional Sport Equipment option
- Issue the policy at any moment, but if you have left your country of living for your trip already there is an 8 days waiting period before the cover starts
*) The risk sports are: bobsleigh, skeleton, mountaineering, competitive luge and aerial sports
3. How to issue the policy?
- The policy can be issued online.
- Payment of premium via creditcard
- We strongly recommend to read the policy conditions at the bottom of this page so that you know what is covered and what not in detail
4. How to obtain proof of Covid-19 cover if needed for visa purposes?
First of all you need to issue the policy online - see above for the link
After you have received the policy documents you have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request for a Covid-19 declaration. Write in English and mention your policy number! The declaration will be send to you within 24 hours.
5. Travelling through multiple zones of cover
At the start of the online application you need to select in which zone of cover you will be travelling (Europe, Russia, Africa, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Western Asia, Asia and Oceania). If you plan to visit multiple zones you will need to select all the zones you will be visiting.
All zones have equal premiums except for North America. If you include North America the premium for the whole of your travel will be raised. If you are planning a long trip including a short stay in North America it might be worth to issue a separate policy for exactly the period you will visit North America.
6. Modification or cancellation of the policy
Any modification of date or cancellation of the contract can only be accepted if
- it was notified before the effective date of the contract and
- before the Member’s departure from her/his usual country of residence and
- duly justified (for example: refusal of visa to travel)
Changes of dates are possible once only during the current calendar year.
For cancellations, the policy will only be reimbursed upon presentation of supporting documents (like for example the refusal of a visa), less a €20 fee.
The policy is agreed for a fixed period with no automatic renewal. It may not be cancelled or reimbursed during the insured period.
All requests for cancellation / modification can be send to email@example.com. Write in English and always mention your policy number!
7. Important documents
JoHo Insurances Foundation
JoHo Insurances Foundation is an international insurance broker, helping people and companies worldwide.
We offer International Health, Income & Travel Insurances for expats, emigrants, companies and travellers worldwide.
We offer insurances from Cigna Global, Allianz Worldwide Care, Bupa Global, Henner, Gouda Expatriate, Globality Health and many other insurance companies.
Contact JoHo Insurances for advice.
2512 BP The Hague (Den Haag)
All insurances on this website can be applied for at JoHo Insurances, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the appropriate application form on this website.
For questions and additional information please contact us.