Table of Contents
Cigna Close Care (IPMI - International Private Medical Insurance) is the budget option of the international health insurances of Cigna, in addition to their extensive Cigna Global Health Options (CGHO) insurance.
- Coverage in Country of Residence and in Home Country;
- Maximum Annual Overall Benefit - Limit: 400,000 euro;
- Maximum Annual Benefit per Condition - Limit: 200,000 euro
- Coverage available: Inpatient, Outpatient, Dental;
- No coverage for: International Medical Evacuation, Vision, Maternity
- * Coverage while travelling (out of area emergency cover):
* Coverage while travelling
- Coverage while travelling = "temporary trips outside your country of habitual residence or country of nationality";
- Maximum reimbursement: 29,600 euro;
- Coverage for a maximum of 21 consecutive travel days and a maximum of 45 travel days per year;
- Coverage for unforeseen and urgent medical emergencies (inpatient, day patient);
- Urgent outpatient costs only covered if the individual has included outpatient coverage in his insurance, and for a maximum amount of 1,850 euro.
- Advice: additional travel insurance
Coverages which are not included in this insurance (like personal liability, legal assistance, household goods, luggage, etc) can easily be obtained via other insurance companies we work with.
You can find an extensive overview of the coverage in the following document: Benefits (PDF)
The Benefits overview shows a comparison of Cigna Close Care with Cigna Global Health (Silver, Gold, Platinum). More information on Cigna Global Health can be found on our website.
If you live in one of the countries listed below you cannot apply for a policy with Cigna:
- Hong Kong
This list might change. if you live in one of the above countries, please contact us so that we can provide you with another option.
- Core module: inpatient medical care and day patient
- Optional: Outpatient medical care
- Optional: Dental care
- No cover for: international medical evacuation, vision, maternity
3. Premiums (online quote)
- For an overview of the premiums that apply to your situation use the online quote tool
Your core cover
This is your essential cover for treatment you receive on an inpatient or daypatient basis including:
- Costs for hospital accommodation and surgeon and specialist consultation fees;
- Mental health care;
- Cancer treatment.
Your core cover does not provide cover for:
- Outpatient consultations with specialists and medical practitioners;
- Prescribed drugs or dressing that you may require on an outpatient basis
- Any rehabilitation treatments such as physiotherapy that are performed on an outpatient basis.
Your area of cover:
- Your country of habitual residence and country of nationality
- Access to out of area emergency cover
- Up to the maximum amount per beneficiary per period of cover $500,000 / €400,000 / £325,000
Add optional modules
Outpatient and Wellness Care
This covers you more comprehensively for outpatient care where a hospital admission as a daypatient or inpatient is not required, and also covers wellbeing benefits:
- Consultations with medical practitioners and specialists;
- Prescribed outpatient drugs and dressings;
- Outpatient physiotherapy;
- Pre-cancer screenings, adult physical exams and vaccinations;
- Life Management Assistance Programme and Telephonic Wellness Coaching.
Dental Care and Treatment
This optional module provides you with comprehensive dental cover.
- Preventative, routine and major dental treatments.
Manage your premium
You have the ﬂexibility to adjust your premium to suit your budget with a wide range of:
- Cost shares
These are voluntary amounts that you choose to pay that are not covered by your plan. If you choose a deductible and/or cost share, your premium will be lower than it otherwise would be. Please see page 16 of this Guide for details of the deductible and cost share options.
4. How to apply online for the insurance?
Go through the following steps in the online application tool:
- Step 1 - About You
- Step 2 - Your Quote
- Step 3 - Adapt Quote
- Step 4 - Apply and Buy
5. Services after the start of the insurance
- Why choose the Cigna Close Care
- Why we are your best choice
- Our Global Health Assist Service
- Your Cigna Close Care plan explained
- How to create your plan
- How deductible, cost share and out of pocket maximum work
- Your benefits explained
- Secure Online Customer Area
- What you can expect from us
- We’re waiting to hear from you
6. Important documentation
7. Do you have a question about this insurance?
JoHo Insurances Foundation
JoHo Insurances Foundation is an international insurance broker, helping people and companies worldwide.
We offer International Health, Income & Travel Insurances for expats, emigrants, companies and travellers worldwide.
We offer insurances from Cigna Global, Allianz Worldwide Care, Bupa Global, Henner, Gouda Expatriate, Globality Health and many other insurance companies.
Contact JoHo Insurances for advice.
2512 BP The Hague (Den Haag)
All insurances on this website can be applied for at JoHo Insurances, e-mail to email@example.com or fill in the appropriate application form on this website.
For questions and additional information please contact us.