Table of Contents
Cigna Close Care (IPMI - International Private Medical Insurance) is the budget option of the international health insurances of Cigna, in addition to their extensive Cigna Global Health Options (CGHO) insurance.
- Coverage in Country of Residence and in Home Country;
- Maximum Annual Overall Benefit - Limit: 400,000 euro;
- Maximum Annual Benefit per Condition - Limit: 200,000 euro
- Coverage available: Inpatient, Outpatient, Dental;
- No coverage for: International Medical Evacuation, Vision, Maternity
- * Coverage while travelling (out of area emergency cover):
* Coverage while travelling
- Coverage while travelling = "temporary trips outside your country of habitual residence or country of nationality";
- Maximum reimbursement: 29,600 euro;
- Coverage for a maximum of 21 consecutive travel days and a maximum of 45 travel days per year;
- Coverage for unforeseen and urgent medical emergencies (inpatient, day patient);
- Urgent outpatient costs only covered if the individual has included outpatient coverage in his insurance, and for a maximum amount of 1,850 euro.
- Advice: additional travel insurance
Coverages which are not included in this insurance (like personal liability, legal assistance, household goods, luggage, etc) can easily be obtained via other insurance companies we work with.
You can find an extensive overview of the coverage in the following document: Benefits (PDF)
The Benefits overview shows a comparison of Cigna Close Care with Cigna Global Health (Silver, Gold, Platinum). More information on Cigna Global Health can be found on our website.
If you live in one of the countries listed below you cannot apply for a policy with Cigna:
- Hong Kong
This list might change. if you live in one of the above countries, please contact us so that we can provide you with another option.
- Core module: inpatient medical care and day patient
- Optional: Outpatient medical care
- Optional: Dental care
- No cover for: international medical evacuation, vision, maternity
We can provide you with a premium amount upon request. In order to obtain a fee quote, please complete our online advice form or send an email with the following information:
- Subject: request fee quote Cigna Close Care
- Date of birth
- Country of destination
- Email address
- Points of attention
Premiums depend on level of coverage, age and deductible amount. Based on the health declaration the insurance company can decide to increase the premium amount. Premiums are adjusted per January 1st on an annual basis for age and regular increases.
4. How to apply for the insurance?
After you have requested a fee quote through our advice form, you can file an application via the application form (see linked documents below). Please send the completed form per email to: email@example.com, including a copy of your ID or passport.